Nch’kaỷ Development Corporation (NDC) was established in 2018 as the economic development arm of the Squamish Nation – Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw. Nch’kaỷ’s mandate is to develop, manage and own the active businesses of the Nation and was created to allow for the separation of business and politics within the Squamish Nation. Our mission is to generate wealth and create prosperity from economic opportunities for current and future generations of the Squamish Nation. This role is offered to members first and the broader community if an appropriate application is unavailable. This position will mainly work out of Nch’kaỷ Head Office.
This is a Permanent Full-time position.
Scope of this position
The Senior Finance Analyst with a real estate background will be responsible for conducting financial analysis, due diligence, and market research for real estate investments and Nch’ḵaý Operations. The role will involve partnering closely with operational colleagues to collectively create value. From evaluating investment opportunities and providing financial recommendations to building financial understanding amongst business leaders. The successful candidate will have a deep sense of curiosity, excellent analytical skills, a strong understanding of real estate financial concepts, and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
A. Duties, Responsibilities, Authority, and Accountabilities
I. Strategic Business Partnering:
- Partner with operational colleagues to model key decisions; challenge assumptions and identify how we can do things differently or better.
- Support the FP&A Manager to address needs and resolve issues across the business.
- Build collaborative relationships with different internal and external business partners.
- Prepare financial models and projections to help identify potential risks and opportunities.
II. Reporting, Forecasting & Analysis
- Analyze financial data and prepare reports to support the decision-making process of the organization.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance to identify trends and areas for improvement. Work closely with the FP&A Manager, to provide monthly insight to the Chief Financial Officer and senior leadership.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as needed.
III. Business Planning:
- Responsible for supporting the annual budget process; in particular, through developing departmental submissions.
- Develop a deep understanding of risks and opportunities to deliver plan and provide insightful analysis that helps Nch’ḵaỷ to manage and take advantage of its risk landscape.
IV. Real Estate
- Conduct financial analysis and modeling to evaluate real estate investment opportunities.
- Develop financial proformas, cash flow models, and investment return analysis for potential acquisitions and dispositions.
- Develop and maintain financial models and databases to track investment performance.
- Analyze property-level financial statements, including income statements and balance sheets.
- Prepare investment presentations and reports for the senior leadership team.
- Support due diligence on potential real estate investments, including reviewing legal documents and conducting property inspections.
- Assist with the preparation of investment proposals, including sourcing, underwriting, and executing real estate transactions.
- Conduct market research and analysis to assess market conditions and trends.
- Contribute to the development of the broader finance capability in collaboration with operational staff
- Working collaboratively with the wider finance to support other finance processes as required from time to time.
- Perform other duties as required.
C. Reporting Responsibilities and Authorities from Supervisor
- Reports to FP&A Manager.
D. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting, or related field
- CPA or CFA designation is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in financial analysis for real estate investments.
- 3 to 5 years of financial analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of real estate financial concepts, including NPV, IRR, cap rates, and cash-on-cash returns.
- Experience with financial software systems and reporting tools.
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to create complex financial models.
- Strong problem-solving skills twinned with a commercial mindset.
- The ability to carry out high-quality analysis of projects and initiatives to provide actionable insights into the drivers of all aspects of our current financial performance.
- Strong relationship building skills. Able to challenge thinking while building trust.
- Communicates effectively and has strong presentation skills.
- High levels of integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines and procedures and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to set and manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office software (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience working with First Nations is considered an asset.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our incredible team. We are open to receiving applications from qualified candidates even if they don’t completely match the required qualifications; we look for people interested and willing to commit to Nch’kaý to learn and develop into this role.
We’re committed to an equitable team member experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
Thank you in advance to those that apply. We appreciate your interest. Only the most suitable will be contacted for an interview.