Nch’ḵaỷ Development Corporation (NDC) was established in 2018 as the economic development arm of the Squamish Nation – Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw. Nch’ḵaỷ mandate is to develop, manage and own the active businesses of the Nation and was created to allow for the separation of business and politics within the Squamish Nation. Our mission is to generate wealth and create prosperity from economic opportunities for current and future generations of the Squamish Nation. This role is offered to members first and the broader community if an appropriate application is unavailable. This position will mainly work out of Nch’ḵaỷ Head Office. Our Head Office is in North Vancouver, BC on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh(Squamish) Nation and its people.
This is a Permanent Full-time and on-site position.
Scope of the Position
We are seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our team and manage the payroll function for over 100 employees. The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing, maintaining employee records, and ensuring compliance payroll regulations. The ideal candidate should have experience in payroll administration, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
A. Duties, Responsibilities, Authority, and Accountabilities (includes cellphone program)
- Process bi-weekly payroll for more than 100 employees, including reviewing timesheets, calculating hours worked, and ensuring accuracy of pay rates and deductions.
- Maintain employee payroll records and ensure compliance with payroll regulations, including taxes, deductions, and benefits.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues, including paychecks, deductions, and taxes.
- Process new employee paperwork, including entering employee information into the payroll system and setting up direct deposit accounts.
- Maintain payroll reports and records, including payroll summaries, tax reports, and employee earnings statements.
- Process year-end payroll activities, including issuing T4 forms and reconciling payroll accounts.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in payroll regulations and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist with other accounting and finance functions as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
C. Reporting Responsibilities and Authorities from Supervisor
- Finance Manager
D. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in payroll administration, including knowledge of BC employment standards and payroll regulations.
- Proficient in payroll software (e.g., Payedge, ADP) and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Elevated levels of integrity and ability to manage confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain payroll issues to non-financial stakeholders.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to set and manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with First Nations an asset.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our incredible team. We are open to receiving applications from qualified candidates even if they don’t completely match the required qualifications; we look for people interested and willing to commit to Nch’ḵaỷ to learn and develop into this role.
We’re committed to an equitable team member experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
Thank you in advance to those that apply. We appreciate your interest. Only the most suitable will be contacted for an interview.